Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photo Essay: Amazing Libraries Around the World

http://matadornetwork.com/trips/photo-essay-amazing-libraries-around-the-world

Photo Essay: Amazing Libraries Around the World
I just found 8 new places for my bucket list! Yes, I'm a proud, proud nerd. Places like these are my haven; my playground; my paradise! How can anyone who calls themselves an educator not instantly start drooling when they see images like these! :o) Of course, the environmentalist in me prefers e-books! I've spent whole life times in libraries! My husband hates to hear me say, "I need to stop by the library." I've paid more money for overdue books than I have on haircuts in my entire lifetime. Having grown up a relatively poor kid in the middle of no-where Alabama with a travel bug, books gave me that escape. Since the county I grew up in was ONLY white or black, libraries exposed me to new cultures and religions. I don't mean to go on like this, I know we live in the technology age, but I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic after seeing these beautiful libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment